Photo Courtesy: lexus.com
The Lexus RX 2019 ranks number 1 within the luxury midsize SUVs category. Currently, it scores an 8.5 out of 10 based on an examination of 33 other SUV brands research and data elements using various sources. The Lexus RX is a stylish midsize SUV with a potent V6 engine, good fuel economy, and the highest possible predicted reliability.
At Carnaija.com, we highly recommend the Lexus Rx models for a smart yet comfortable drive around town in Nigeria. This luxury midsize SUV does not only offer great speed with its robust V6 engine but also comes with a pack of safety features to ensure optimum driving security.
All Lexus RX models have undergone a cycle of changes for better driving performances. The recent 2019 RX gained compatibility with smartwatch and Amazon Alexa home devices. Although the 2018 Lexus RX shares some similar functions with the 2019 model, the 2019 RX is still way better in terms of modern improvements. Below are the main changes for the Lexus Rx since 2016:
• The 2016 Lexus Rx came with a sharper V6 engine, a standard 8-inch infotainment screen, and available 12.3-inch screen, and several new active safety features.
• The 2017 RX added standard Lexus Safety System+; F-Sport front-wheel-drive model debuted.
• The 2018 model introduced the three-row Lexus RX-L while The 2019 RX gained available Amazon Alexa compatibility.
So there is no harm in selecting the older versions of the Lexus RX. They still perform well on tracks and help to reduce fuel intake during road journeys. However, it is advisable to try newer models like the 2019 and even 2020 Lexus RX for improved and added driving features.
The 2019 Lexus RX comes in three trims: Base, F-Sport, and the three-row RX L. The L trim features a V6 engine that produces 290 horsepower while the Base, F-Sport, and Three-row RX L use a V6 engine that produces 295 horsepower. All trims' engines mate with an eight-speed automatic transmission, which helps to deliver smooth and timely shifts. The RX SUV uses a front-wheel-drive and an all-wheel-drive.
The base trim comes with an adequate number of infotainment and safety features. Generally, every RX model provides numerous amenities, including navigation, blind-spot monitoring, and a larger infotainment screen.
• The Lexus RX 350 has an equipped synthetic leather upholstery, 10-way power-adjustable front seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, a power liftgate, a leather-trimmed steering wheel, and shift knob, a power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, proximity keyless entry, and a universal garage door opener. Its infotainment system features an 8-inch display screen, two USB ports, a nine-speaker premium stereo, Bluetooth, HD Radio, and satellite radio.
• The Lexus RX 350L uses a seven-seat system with genuine leather upholstery, tri-zone automatic climate control, and power-folding third-row seats.
• And the RX F Sport has an adaptive sport-tuned suspension, heated and ventilated front sport seats, a heated steering wheel, paddle shifters, and distinctive interior and exterior design aspects.
The Lexus Rx is also a safe automobile to drive. The NHTSA awarded this brand an overall safety of four out of five-star rating, and both its front- and all-wheel drive trims earned the same rating except for its regular RX models with all-wheel drive, which obtained an overall five-star rating. All Lexus Rx models' structures have gotten four out of five stars in its frontal crash and rollover tests and a whopping five stars in the side crash test.
Because of its numerous security awards, let's list a few of its various safety features –
Standard advanced safety features:
• Forward collision warning
• Pedestrian detection
• Automatic emergency braking
• Adaptive cruise control
• Lane departure warning
• Lane keep assist
• Automatic high-beam headlights
• Rain-sensing windshield wipers
• Rearview camera
Available advanced safety features:
• Blind-spot monitoring
• Rear cross-traffic alert
• Head-up display
• A surround-view parking camera system
• Front and rear parking sensors
• Adaptive headlights
Now last but not least, the 2019 Lexus RX has a cargo space of about 18.4 cubic feet behind its back seats, and a limit of 56.3 cubic feet with the second row folded down. The RX L trim comes with a 7.5 cubic feet of cargo space. However, if folded the third row, you will obtain 23 cubic feet of space and extra space of 58.5 cubic feet with the second and third-row folded down.
For more details, here is a short YouTube video of the 2019 Lexus RX - https://youtu.be/sDVBliJyQz8
You can get a Lexus RX at negotiable prices ranging from NGN 450,000 to NGN 7,000,000 in Nigeria. With Carnaija, you can also communicate with the local vendor by offering your best price on the vehicle. This online car dealing platform has various professional and trusted car dealers who have been in the business for years.
Do not forget to subscribe to www.Carnaija.com for the latest news on your favorite vehicles.